Antonio Jiménez is a lawyer with over 20 years of experience as legal and strategic adviser for international investors in Spain and consultant for start-ups. A member of our firm since 2000, he is highly specialized in advising on foreign investments in Spain and international transactions. He has served as secretary and as adviser to the boards of directors of diverse international companies in the tourism, leisure and energy sectors and has advised international banks, venture capital companies and investment funds. He also has extensive experience in the biotechnology field from his work as outside counsel for various biotech companies.
In 2016, Antonio Jiménez joined Sanifit Therapeutics S.A. as general counsel and vice president responsible for the operations department. He directly participated in the company’s professionalisation and restructuring and the integration of a US subsidiary. Other important milestones during this period included:
- Continuation of series C financing and series D financing including the first co-investment of the Spanish Government through its venture capital vehicle
- IPO readiness of the company
- Completion of two phase-2 trials and launch of a phase-3 trial
- Financing from the European Investment Bank
- Acquisition of the company by CSL-Vifor
Before starting his career as a lawyer, Antonio Jiménez earned his law degree from the Universitat de les Illes Balears (Spain) and the Paris Lodron Universität Salzburg (Austria).
He speaks Spanish, English, German and Catalan.